This is my first request episode and I’ve been asked by one of my regular listeners to share what I have learnt from teaching yoga to young children over the years.
I have had the absolute honour of teaching toddler yoga for 12 plus years now and I can say hand on heart – it is the best job in the world!
And from the toddlers I have learnt:
- To drop the ego and just move
- To not take the practice of yoga too seriously
- Sometimes you do have to eat mid-practise
- And OM is certainly a magical sound
From the perspective of my yoga business and as a teacher I have learnt:
- That our classes are way more than just yoga, it’s about community and connection
- Remaining consistent is very powerful
- That consistency builds up over time through word of mouth and this is the most powerful marketing tool we have, especially when it comes to local classes
- Having a specialism that lights you up will expand your teaching schedule and streams of income (but you don’t have to niche yourself into a corner, I don’t just teach toddler yoga!)
Work with me?
If you like the sound of building a yoga business around teaching bumps, mums & little ones, and you want flexible, online training then I’m your girl! Check out my pregnancy, postnatal and toddler specialist yoga teacher training courses here – https://www.amy-yogaonline.com/p/pregnancy-and-postnatal-yoga-teacher-training
Or my 12hr Teaching toddler yoga self-paced CPD course – https://www.amy-yogaonline.com/p/teaching-toddler-yoga
Inspired by my closing rant and are totally ready to build, grow and scale a sustainable profitable yoga business, then the next 6-month cohort for my Prosperous Yogini group mentoring programme starts end of January 2023. Join the wait list and find out more here – https://amy-yoga.com/prosperous-yogini-programme/
I work with www.podbubble.com to create my podcasts.