Today’s episode is inspired again by a conversation I’ve had with one of the regular listeners to the show. I love these conversations, so feel free to get in touch.
I received this DM on Instagram. She messaged to say her regular class had gone really quiet; she was feeling really demotivated and wondered if it was the current economic climate in the UK.
Firstly, I want to send out the biggest hug to everyone who is self-employed in their business, showing up every day and I know it’s feeling tough right now. Economic climate aside, this can sometimes be the nature of running a business.
But I want you to know you are the master of your own destiny, try not to blame external events. This can get us stuck in a doom-loop of not taking action to change our current situation because we believe it’s beyond our control.
Your beautiful brain will step in to ‘protect you’ and tell you a whole load of untrue stuff to keep you safe but ultimately stuck.
Remember our thoughts inspire our beliefs, our beliefs inspire our actions (or non-actions).
Knowledge is power, and instead of making a lot of stuff up, get clear on the facts and take action from these.
Options for getting un-stuck
- Reach out to past, regular students if it’s an established class, and get some feedback on why they are no longer coming. I will put money on it being nothing to do with you.
- Are there eyes on the prize? I.e., who knows about this class, how are you talking to people and inviting them to come?
- Is it clear who the class is for, are you inviting in your dream, ideal student? No more ‘yoga for everyone, general yoga class suitable for all abilities’ – this class does not exist.
- Really appreciate and show up for the students that do come, hard I know, especially if you are losing money. But they will love you and your class, and you’ll magnetize more people to join.
- Is your pricing structure encouraging commitment?
- Is it easy to book on, is there any friction that may make me not turn up? Aka yep just come along and pay on the night.
Here’s the tough one – is this what you truly want to do? Because if it’s not you’ll be blocking it, so get really clear on what you want to do and when. What lights you up?
Ways you can work with me!
My best advice in this situation is to stop trying to figure this out alone, now more than ever is the time to invest in you and your yoga business. I would love to help you fill your classes with your dream client and create so much demand in your yoga business that you’ve got wait lists (yes this is possible!)
Here’s how you can work with me:
- Binge-listen for free to all the episodes of the Prosperous Yogini Podcast – https://amy-yoga.com/prosperous-yogini-podcast/
- Join my 6-month group coaching and mentoring programme for yoga teachers. Next 6-month cohort starts February 2023, join the wait list and find out more here – https://amy-yoga.com/prosperous-yogini-programme/
- Train with me. I offer online, specialist, flexible training courses in pregnancy, postnatal, toddler and yin yoga. Start today and together we can expand your teaching schedule. https://amy-yoga.com/yoga-teacher-training/