Teaching Toddler Yoga
Share in the joy that is teaching and practising yoga with toddlers! Most children’s yoga teacher training courses do not cover this unique age group and this course is here to fill this gap!
This self-paced study CPD course will give you tools and knowledge to teach fun, authentic and engaging toddler and family yoga classes. This course covers how to deliver yoga classes for children aged between 18 months and 4 years with their parents or carers. Enabling you to create vital community and connections for families of younger children through yoga.
This is course is open to all yoga teachers who have experience of working with children and wish to know more about effectively adapting yoga classes for toddlers.
The course is self-paced online training, you can start this course anytime, complete it at your own pace and repeat as often as you like.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the developmental stages and movement in children from 18 months to the age of 4 years.
- Know how to teaching asana and movement to toddlers.
- Use a range of props and resources for teaching toddler yoga, including scarves, beanbags, balls, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
- Know how to cultivate relaxation and passivity through breath, mantra and story telling.
- Effectively incorporate parents and carers into the class to create a joint practise!
- Understand a typical class structure and sequence for a toddler and family yoga.
- Know how to effectively engage younger children and navigate toddler behaviour.
- Self-paced training videos
- Toddler yoga class recordings for observation
- Self-study and reading
- Yoga Alliance Professionals approved developmental workshop (12hrs CPD)
- On-going access to all online course material and up-dates.
- Access to Amy's yoga teacher closed FB group for additional support.