Introduction to Teaching Pregnancy Yoga
Most foundation yoga teacher training courses devote at best a couple of hours on how to adjust a yoga practise to accommodate a pregnant woman. Yet the likelihood is at some point most yoga teachers will probably find that one of their regular students becomes pregnant or a pregnant woman unexpectedly joins the class. Concern or fear when teaching yoga to a pregnant woman is an all too common problem for yoga teachers.
This self-paced study, CPD course will give you the confidence to safely and effectively integrate a pregnant woman into your general yoga classes, using easy to remember principles of support, soften and space. You will also be able to advise a woman when a general yoga class may not be suitable during her pregnancy.
This course is for yoga teacher who want to feel confident at teaching yoga to a pregnant woman within a general yoga class.
The course is self-paced online training, you can start this course anytime, complete it at your own pace and repeat as often as you like.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Teach pregnant women with more confidence, and integrate them safely into your general yoga classes.
- Offer pregnant women specific modifications to their practise.
- Discuss the hormonal and bodily changes that impact a yoga practise as pregnancy progresses.
- Discuss common problems that occur and how yoga can help.
- Identify women who should attend a dedicate pregnancy yoga class.
- Self-paced training videos (4 hours)
- Pregnancy yoga class recordings for observation (2 hours)
- Self-study, reading and self-quiz (2 hour)
- Yoga Alliance Professionals approved developmental workshop (8-hours CPD)
- On-going access to all online course material and up-dates.
- Access to Amy's yoga teacher closed FB group for additional support.