FOUNDATION YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Join Amy and her fantastic co-tutors for the transformational and immensely fun journey that is training to be a yoga teacher. This Foundation Yoga Teacher Training course is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, and our next course will start September 2022 with registration now open! The course is 280hr, with the option to complete an additional 20hr Yin Yoga module to achieve 300hr accreditation. This hybrid course combines all that is great with online and in-person training, you can complete this course solely online or join us on the Sunday of our training weekends in-person from our lovely studio base at the MMI St Agnes, Cornwall.
The course is skilfully delivered over a period of 8 months via a creative mixture of …
weekend group training sessions (ONLINE & In-PERSON)
Monthly yoga class (ONLINE)
small group mentoring (ONLINE)
pre-recorded TRAINING videos
Online course community space on Circle
On-going access to all content via COURSE teacher portal
It is a fact of any training course you simply cannot take it all in first time round. Studying this way allows you to have the time to digest the vast amount of information that comes your way when training to be a yoga teacher. With on-going access to all course content through your teacher portal, you can re-visit training as often as you like, even after you’ve finished the course. The teacher portal allows training material to be released a month at a time, so you can easily track your progress and avoid feeling overwhelmed – check out our 2021 YTT teacher portal.
The course is led by senior yoga teacher and approved trainer-pro Amy Jones and her main co-tutor Jane Cradick. Amy and Jane have been involved in teacher training and education for many years, between them they have over 35 years of teaching experience, with a deep rooted passion for supporting others to become successful teachers, so the light that is yoga can shine brightly into the world!
Amy is also supported by experienced teacher-trainer Nathalie Wilhelm from Live Love Yoga, who zooms in to play with arm balances and chair yoga. Alex Franklin, an experienced yoga teacher and trainer, who now runs a thriving online coaching business, working with yoga teachers to learn essential business and marketing skills. Alex zooms in to share her vast marketing business knowledge, we not only train you to be yoga teachers, but also to think like a yoga boss! And lastly Victoria Leigh, who graduated with Amy and Jane in 2020, and then went onto train in gravity and aerial yoga. Vic joins this course to share her teaching and experience of being a newly qualified teacher, proves it’s possible and inspires you to take action!
MEET THE FOUNDATION YOGA TEACHING TEAM
STYLE OF YOGA
SYLLABUS AT A GLANCE
- Yoga philosophy
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga asana
- Meditation and mantra
- Subtle anatomy
- Teaching and methodology, including teaching online
- The business of teaching Yoga
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for anyone who loves yoga and wants to share the light that is yoga with others, as well as deepen their own experience of the practise. Whether you are looking for a career change, or to start a class and see where it leads you or have no idea what your plans are and would like to spend 8 months immersed in yoga, you are all welcome and will be supported to follow your own path. This YTT is perfect for anyone looking for the flexibility that online training offers, but is also keen for some in-person contact. And of course is perfect for anyone looking to train with Amy and Jane, these two experienced trainers work hard to help all their trainees to thrive and succeed in following their passion. You are encouraged to maintain a regular yoga practise, and as part of the course you have access to Amy’s online classes, The Yin-Club and The Yoga Library.
SYLLABUS IN DETAIL
– The central texts of the yogic tradition: Bhagvad Gita & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the integration of philosophy into teaching.
– What is Yoga in the modern Western world?
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
– Muscles and movements.
– The other systems of the body; nervous, endocrine, digestive, & lymphatic.
– The fascial web, the connected organism.
– Functional anatomy in asana.
– Movement patterns and body reading.
– Surya namaskar, standing postures, forward bends, back bends, twists, balances, inversions, hips and the shoulders.
– Elastic training (stretching).
– Bandha & mudra in asana.
– Yin and yang in our practise.
– Yoga for special populations (beginners, children and pregnancy yoga)
– Breath awareness practises.
– Pranayama practises, including Ujjai, Nadi Shodana, and Kapalabhati.
– Breath retention, stilling prana.
– Bandhas and mudra in pranayama.
MEDITIATION & MANTRA
– The starting places, pratyahara and dharana.
– Meditation practices, including Yoga Nidra.
– Om, the universal sound.
– Chants: Togetherness mantra & Gayatri mantra.
– Chakras and integration into asana and pranayama.
– Mudra and Bandha.
TEACHING & METHODOLOGY
– Creating sequences through thematic planning, telling the story.
– Course writing, sequencing lessons over time.
– The art of teaching yoga (or anything!): observation, listening, demonstration, verbal cues and the power of language.
– Effective teaching online.
– Teaching practise: team teaching, micro teaching & final teaching practise.
THE BUSINESS OF TEACHING YOGA
– Data collection, client health forms & GDPR.
– Marketing and building your yoga community.
– Professional conduct and the student/ teacher relationship.
PERSONAL PRACTICE, SELF-STUDY & ASSESSMENT
– External tutor led class attendance; you are also encourage to attend classes with other teachers as much as possible.
– Student led study; through personal practise, reading and assignments.
– At your pace training modules; these guide you monthly through your learning along with the live training sessions and classes.
– Assessment is through a mixture of practical teaching & written assignments, anatomy study tasks, and your final class exam.
The course will involve lots of teaching from you, starting with some team teaching in smaller groups, shorter teaching assessments, and your final teaching practical exam, where you’ll teach a full 60 minute class. As well as the expected teaching integrated into your course contact hours you are strongly encouraged to start teaching your own class when ready. Maybe just to family and friends, either in-person or online, nothing improves teaching like actually teaching. Trainee teachers can teach up to 2 hours a week, but only what has been covered by the course and in agreement with Amy Jones, you will be supported to get teaching when you feel ready.
COURSE HOURS AND DATES FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
- Weekend group training sessions (120 hours, tutor-led)
- Yoga classes (20 hours, tutor-led)
- Monthly small group mentoring (12 hours, tutor-led)
- Weekly support via our course community space (18 hours, tutor-led)
- Personalised feedback on all assignments & teaching practise (10 hours, tutor led)
- At your pace training modules, released each month via the online teacher portal (50 hours, self-study)
- Self study & practise, reading, research and completion of assignments (50 hours, self-study)
- Free access to Amy’s online classes for the duration of the course
- On-going support and mentoring after completing your training
Total course hours is 280, an additional 20hr study is available for those wishing to complete the yin-yoga module and bring their yoga teacher accreditation to 300hr.
Friday: 6pm-8.30m, online. Saturday: 9am – 1.30pm, online. Sunday: 9am to 4pm, online or in-person.
Dates for 2022/2023
2022: Weekend 1: September 16th, 17th & 18th. Weekend 2: October 14th, 15th & 16th. Weekend 3: November 11th, 12th & 13th. Weekend 4: December 9th, 10th & 11th
2023: Weekend 5: January 20th, 21st & 22nd. Weekend 6: February 24th, 25th & 26th. Weekend 7: March 24th, 25 & 26th. Weekend 8: April 21st, 22nd & 23rd
Between each monthly training weekend we meet for a monthly yoga class and small group mentoring, days and times vary and we do our best to fit around everyone’s weekly schedule. The teacher class falls in the first week of the month, and group mentoring either the 3rd or 4th. Our first monthly yoga class is Friday 9th September 6pm-7.30pm, prior to weekend 1.
A minimum of 2 years regular yoga practise, sufficient technology to be able to study the online, completion of an application form, and acceptance on to the course by Amy Jones.
This course is open to all yogis who meet the entry requirements and have a desire to deepen their study of yoga, and a passion to share the gift of yoga with others. There is not a need to be able to perform certain asanas, yoga is not defined by making shapes with the body; rather it is the art of listening to the body and working intuitively with its current condition. This course is also open to those not planing to teach, but are looking to deepen their knowledge and personal practise.
Committing to any teacher training course is a big decision, feel free to contact Amy anytime to discuss the course and your needs.
COST OF COURSE AND THE NITTY GRITTY
Payment in full – £1850 (outstanding balance £1500 to pay Monday 5th September)
Payment plan – £2000 (11 payments of £150 starting 1st September 2022 to July 2023)
The optional 20-hour yin-yoga module is an additional £150, and is completed at the end of course.
There are two scholarship places available each course, to find out more about a scholarship click here.
CHANGED MY LIFE!
ENCOURAGING & SUPPORTIVE
DR CHARIS CASSELLS
LOVED EVERY MINUTE
Included in the price:
- 180 hours of in-person, tutor led, contact time
- On-going access to all online course content via your teacher portal
- Free access to Amy’s online classes for the duration of the course
- Online course community space on Circle
- Certification of 280 hour yoga teacher training upon completion of the course, including all assignments and course payments.
- Opportunity to complete 20hr Yin yoga training module for an additional £150 and achieve 300hr accreditation.
- Post completion of your course on-going support, and advice
- For our in-person training session on the Sunday, refreshments and snacks are provided.
- Technology to access online learning
- Insurance to teach (this is available through your membership to YAP, both as a trainee and once your have qualified)
- Set texts
HOW TO APPLY & PAYMENT
Amy will then be in touch to arrange a deposit of £350 to secure your place, please note the deposit is non-refundable.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
– Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments made are non-refundable.
– Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date deposit is non-refundable.
– Withdrawing during the course; deposit and any attended weekends are non-refundable, payment for remaining unattended weekends will depend on your personal circumstances and reasons for withdrawing mid-course, but in most cases you will be expected to pay for your place on the course in full.
– Your place on the course cannot be sold or given to anyone else, all bookings and payments for the course are made directly through Amy Jones.
Please put any requests to withdraw in writing to Amy at email@example.com
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees or offered alternative dates, of which if you can’t attend you will be offered a full refund. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
ATTENDANCE & COMPLETION OF THE COURSE
By registering and paying either a deposit for the course or full payment you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure. Please consider your personal circumstance when considering the course and the requirements to attend all training sessions.