ONLINE & CORNWALL
Is it time to follow the calling of your heart, to open the door to possibility, to invest in you, and share the light that is yoga with others?
There is never one perfect time, just now, and now is the time to take that big leap of faith, and join Amy and Jane for their transformational, immensely fun and magical hybrid yoga teacher training course. Accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals our next course is starts March 2024 and we’d love you to join us!
This hybrid course combines all that is great with online and in-person training. You can complete this course solely online, or join us part online and in-person from our new training studio base at Ananta Yoga Studio, Newquay, Cornwall.
Creatively delivered over a period of 8 months via an innovative mix of …..
7 X LIVE training WEEKENDS (ONLINE or In-PERSON)
7 X Monthly LIVE yoga classES (ONLINE)
ON-DEMAND SELF STUDY MODULES AND CLASSES (ONLINE)
Online course community space away from FB
PERSONALISED SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK AS YOU TRAIN
On-going access to all content via YOUR TRAINING portal
THE ADVANTAGES OF HYBRID LEARNING
There is no one perfect way to train to be a yoga teacher, we all are unique and have our own way of assimilating information. The online elements of this course allow you to have the time to digest the vast amount of information that comes your way when training to be a yoga teacher. With on-going access to all course content through your teacher portal, you can re-visit training as often as you like, even after you’ve finished.
Life can also get in the way, this course allows for flexibility, with the opportunity to catch up should life happen. You can train with us from anywhere in the world, or if you live near Cornwall you can access the in-person options, our last cohort included people from Cornwall, Devon, Bristol and London!
The course is led by Senior Yoga Teacher and approved Yoga Alliance Professionals Trainer Pro Amy Jones and her co-tutor Jane Craddick. Amy and Jane have been involved in teacher training and education for many years, between them they have over 40 years of teaching experience, with a deep rooted passion for supporting others to become successful teachers, so the light that is yoga can shine brightly into the world!
Amy is also supported by her team of experienced guest teachers, these include Nathalie Wilhelm from Live Love Yoga, who zooms in to play with arm balances and chair yoga! We are also often joined by other guest teachers, who share their experience of both teaching and running a yoga business.
STYLE OF YOGA
This course draws primarily upon vinyasa yoga traditions, along with softer hatha and yin practises. Although yoga is often characterised into specific styles, and their associated lineages, there is only one yoga; the art of intuitively listening to the body, breath and mind to achieve balance, you are encouraged just to move and enjoy yoga, regardless of the style!
There are no prerequisites to be able to perform a certain shape with the body. Yoga truly is for EVERYbody and Amy and Jane pride themselves on their ability to empower all their teachers to thrive!
SNEAK PEAK INSIDE
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This training is for anyone who loves yoga and wants to share the light that is yoga with others, as well as deepen their own experience of the practise. Whether you are looking for a career change, or to start a class and see where it leads you, or have no idea what your plans are and would like to spend 8 months immersed in yoga, you are all welcome and will be supported to follow your own path.
And this course is perfect for anyone looking to train with Amy and Jane, these two experienced trainers work hard to help all their trainees to thrive, and are total masters at empowering teachers to honour their uniqueness, our graduates describe this course as “life changing!” Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions and complete an application form HERE.
– The history of yoga overview.
– The central texts of the yogic tradition: Bhagvad Gita & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the integration of philosophy into teaching.
– What is Yoga in the modern Western world?
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
– The bones, joints and movement.
– Muscles and movements.
– The other systems of the body; nervous, endocrine, digestive, & lymphatic.
– The fascial web, the connected organism.
– Functional anatomy in asana.
– Movement patterns and body reading.
– What is asana and its purpose?
– Surya namaskar, standing postures, forward bends, back bends, twists, balances, inversions, hips and the shoulders.
– Elastic training (stretching).
– Bandha & mudra in asana.
– Yin and yang in our practise.
– Yoga for special populations (beginners, and adaptions for pregnancy)
– What is pranayama?
– Breath awareness practises.
– Pranayama practises, including Ujjai, Nadi Shodana, and Kapalabhati.
– Breath retention, stilling prana.
– Bandhas and mudra in pranayama.
MEDITIATION & MANTRA
– What is meditation?
– The starting places, pratyahara and dharana.
– Meditation practices, including Yoga Nidra.
– Om, the universal sound.
– Chants: Togetherness mantra & Gayatri mantra.
– The Pranic body.
– Chakras and integration into asana and pranayama.
– Mudra and Bandha.
TEACHING & METHODOLOGY
– Lesson planning.
– Creating sequences through thematic planning, telling the story.
– Course writing, sequencing lessons over time.
– The art of teaching yoga (or anything!): observation, listening, demonstration, verbal cues and the power of language.
– Effective teaching online.
– Teaching practise: team teaching, micro teaching & final teaching practise.
THE BUSINESS OF TEACHING YOGA
– Getting started; in-person or online, where to teach, risk assessment, health & safety, price structures & insurance to teach.
– Data collection, client health forms & GDPR.
– Marketing and building your yoga community.
– Professional conduct and the student/ teacher relationship.
PERSONAL PRACTICE, SELF-STUDY & ASSESSMENT
– Internal tutor led classes; as part of the course you are expected to attend the monthly live class with Amy and Jane. You also have access to all of Amy’s current online classes for the duration of your training.
– External tutor led class attendance; you are also encourage to attend classes with other teachers as much as possible.
– Student led study; through personal practise, reading and assignments.
– At your pace training modules; these guide you monthly through your learning along with the live training sessions and classes.
– Assessment is through a mixture of practical teaching & written assignments, anatomy study tasks, and your final class exam.
START TEACHING AND EARNING AS YOU TRAIN
The course will involve lots of teaching from you; teaching in small groups, shorter teaching assessments and a final 60-minute class at the end of your course. You are also encouraged to start teaching your own class when ready, maybe just to family and friends or starting your first public class. Many of our trainees use this to earn money to help contribute towards the cost of their training, nothing improves teaching like actually teaching, although there is no pressure to teach until you feel ready. This business positive teacher training course not only trains you to be an effective yoga teacher, but how to run a profitable, sustainable yoga business.
JOIN US ONLINE & IN NEWQUAY MARCH 2024
- 7 x Weekend group training (126 hours, tutor-led)
- 7 x live yoga class (14 hours, tutor-led)
- Weekly personalised support via our course community space (25 hours, tutor-led)
- Personalised feedback on all assignments & teaching practise (15 hours, tutor led)
- On-demand self-study training modules and classes, released each month via the online teacher portal (40 hours, self-study)
- Self-study & practise, reading, research and completion of assignments (30 hours, self-study)
- Free access to Amy’s online classes for the duration of the course
- On-going support and after completing your training
Weekend training session (in-person and online): These sessions happen one weekend a month, 7 are spread over 8 months, with a break in August. If you are joining us in-person on Saturday and Sunday, we are based at the gorgeous Ananta Studio, Newquay, Cornwall.
Friday: 6pm-8.30pm, online only
Saturday: 10am – 5pm, in-person or online
Sunday: 10am to 5pm, in-person or online
Dates for 2024 TBC – our next course starts March 2024
Between each monthly training weekend we meet for a monthly online live class, dates and days will vary from month to month, but are usually Mondays or Fridays 6pm-7.30pm.
OUR STUDIO BASE
If you can join us in-person we are based at the gorgeous Ananta studio, Newquay.
This gorgeous space is based in the Feel Good centre, close to yummy food and drink, Newquay’s beaches and plenty of seaside accommodation.
COST OF COURSE AND THE NITTY GRITTY
This course runs annually every March, and has a maximum of 12 places available each cohort. To secure your place a non-refundable deposit of £295 is required, after completion of an application form. Payment is via BACS or paypal.
Full ourse of course – £2095
Payment in full – deposit £295 and a further payment of £1800 made by 1st March 2024
Payment plan – deposit £295 and 10 further payments of £180 starting 1st March 2024 to December 2024
Yoga is for everyBODY but the reality is often it is for those who can afford to train and have enough confidence to commit to a training course. Each year there are a limited number of reduced price places to anyone who is facing a financial barrier to training. However it is not just money that can be a barrier to training, the scholarship is also aimed at people who work in the voluntary & community sector, people of colour and LGBTQ+ people, who are all under represented in the yoga world. If you don’t fall into these categories but still require some assistance please still get in touch at email@example.com
Scholarship price – £1695, deposit £195 and 10 further payments of £150 1st March 2024 to 1st December 2024
A minimum of 2 years regular yoga practise, sufficient technology to be able to study the online, completion of an application form, and acceptance on to the course by Amy Jones.
This course is open to all yogis who meet the entry requirements and have a desire to deepen their study of yoga, and a passion to share the gift of yoga with others. There is not a need to be able to perform certain asanas, yoga is not defined by making shapes with the body; rather it is the art of listening to the body and working intuitively with its current condition. This course is also open to those not planing to teach, but are looking to deepen their knowledge and personal practise.
Further training and post course support
This is just the start of your journey, both Amy and Jane pride themselves on their on-going support for all their graduate teachers. If you wish to go on to bring your accreditation to 300hrs+ at the end of your foundation training, you have the option to complete Amy’s 50hr Yin TT module , or join her 6-month 60hr mentorship programme for yoga teachers, or do both! As a graduate foundation YTT you have 30% discount on these courses.
CHANGED MY LIFE!
This course has changed my life! Amy and jane have been amazing, I have learnt more than I possibly thought and had the best experience, even in covid times, they kept us on track and gave us the best experience. I would highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to do their teacher training. Thank you both so much. X
I loved doing my yoga teacher training with Amy. She was encouraging, supportive and gave valuable insights throughout the whole course. She was always there if I needed to ask a quick question. She also adapted amazingly when Covid came along and ensured all of us who wanted to continue the course were able to, whatever our personal circumstances.
DR CHARIS CASSELLS
LOVED EVERY MINUTE!
Amy is such a knowledgeable teacher, passionate about yoga and fascinated with Fascia.. which has really opened my mind – thank you! I loved every minute of my training, even through a global pandemic Amy adapted to keep us on track within our subject areas, making the content delivery accessible, enjoyable and readily available online when we needed it. Amy was always available to offer advice and comfort during these times too, which was a huge support. I highly recommend Amy and I will be looking forward to more of her offerings in the near future!
Included in the price
- 180 hours of in-person, tutor led, contact time.
- On-going access to all online course content via your teacher portal.
- Free access to Amy’s online classes for the duration of the training.
- Online course community space on Circle, which remains open for 6 months post-graduation.
- Yoga Alliance Professionals accredited 250-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification, upon completion of the course, including all assignments and course payments.
- Post completion support, and advice.
- Technology to access online learning.
- Insurance to teach – this is available through your membership to YAP, both as a trainee and once you have qualified.
- Set texts.
- Printed manual – the manual is an e-manual as part of the online course content on the teacher portal. Written resources can be downloaded and printed off if you wish, but is not included in physical course material.
HOW TO APPLY & PAYMENT
Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions and join the wait list HERE
Amy will then be in touch to arrange a deposit of £295 to secure your place. Please note the deposit is non-refundable.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable. In the event you need to cancel your place:
– Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments made are non-refundable.
– Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date deposit is non-refundable.
– Withdrawing during the course; deposit and any attended weekends are non-refundable, payment for remaining unattended weekends will depend on your personal circumstances and reasons for withdrawing mid-course, but in most cases, you will be expected to pay for your place on the course in full.
– Your place on the course cannot be sold or given to anyone else, all bookings and payments for the course are made directly through Amy Jones.
Please put any requests to withdraw in writing to Amy at email@example.com
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees or offered alternative dates, of which if you can’t attend you will be offered a full refund. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A LIVE TRAINING OR CLASS?
Students should attend 100% of the course contact hours, failure to attend course contact hours will result in non-completion of the course and no certification. If you do miss a live session, recordings are available for catch-up, along with additional 1:2:1 mentoring sessions to make up lost contact hours, this may incur additional costs.
IS THERE A LOT OF HOMEWORK?
There are monthly assignments, self-paced training videos and classes. With an expectation of roughly devoting 3 to 4 hours personal study a week. Think of it as on-going study of a subject you love!
Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and may also incur additional costs.
CAN I JUST ATTEND ONLINE
Yes 100%. Amy and Jane have been running hybrid style training for over 2 years now and seamlessly integrate interactions both online and in-person. Where ever you are, you’ll feel a fully included part of this magical course.
HOW AM I PERSONALLY SUPPORTED?
You can ask questions anytime on our YTT course community support space, which is hosted on Circle. Which is like FB but a million times better!
And of course, email any questions.
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you to register. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
By registering and paying either a deposit for the course or full payment you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. Please consider your personal circumstance when considering the course and the requirements to attend all training sessions.